2 weeks ago, our National Vaccine Month of Action Bus Tour kicked off, with a mission to travel across the country and promote vaccine awareness.
- we drove 3,794 miles
- visited 17 cities
- traveled across 12 states
all in the name of getting as many people vaccinated as possible by July 4th.
Our incredible partners hosted amazing events that engaged and mobilized thousands of people while hosting or supporting 15 vaccine sites. Below are just some of highlights from week two of the tour:
- Got a front row concert from Brad Paisley at an event with the First Lady in Nashville
- Visited a barbershop in Chicago, which inspired the owner to start planning a back to school event to help kids in her community get hair cuts, school supplies, and COVID-19 vaccines
- Drove around the Indy speedway and helped at least 59 Hoosiers get vaccinated (and Secretary Walsh got a speed ride around the track, too)
- Led a procession through Dayton and a parade in Pittsburgh
We want to thank all of our partners for their amazing support and everyone across the country that has gotten vaccinated during the course of this tour. Even though the bus tour may be over, we’re focused on moving forward and meeting people where they are to get them the resources and information necessary to go get vaccinated.
Together, conversation by conversation and community by community, we can end this pandemic.
There’s still time to join the Month of Action before July 4th — find a volunteer opportunity near you.